Aluminum die casting design
1. There are a variety of casting methods to produce aluminum die casting and magnesium alloy casting, because of the low melting point of aluminum and magnesium alloy. So in the design of their structures, you should consider which kind of casting method to cast this casting at first, in order to consider the relative structural manufacturability.
2. The aluminum alloy and magnesium alloy casting should try to use thin wall structure, and strive to the balance of wall thickness. This is helpful to prevent shrinkage cavity shrinking and improve the strength of the metal castings. But you can also thicken some part for the unbalance of wall thickness to set feeding aluminum and magnesium alloy casting. This can help filling shrinkage to guarantee the quality.
3. The aluminum and the magnesium alloy is easy for oxidation and suction. The density is small, so as to make the static pressure of the metal fluid is small and be difficult to exhaust. Therefore, aluminum and magnesium alloy casting is easy to generate hole and oxidation slag, reduce the mechanical properties and gas tightness. So designing the casting structure should avoid big plane, and the transition should be gentle, and avoid causing the turbulence of metal liquid.
4. Because of the low melting point of the aluminum and the magnesium alloy, to those castings that have some certain gas tightness requirements, you should avoid using core support to fixed core when design.
5. The compression strength of magnesium alloy is higher than its tensile strength. So you should adopt asymmetrical section and box to undertake the compressive stress.
6. Pay attention to adopting the method of double metal die casting and potting casting to solve the problems in the structural design of the aluminum alloy and magnesium alloy.
7. The corrosion resistant of magnesium alloy is poor. Often use surface treatment to improve the corrosion resistance of magnesium alloy castings.